Sprouts with Panchetta and Chestnuts
Sprouts! You either love them or hate them! But you can’t have Christmas Dinner without them! There are many ways to dress up your humble sprouts but we just love this classic version and it is always on our Christmas Dinner table every year! Whether you’re a sprout lover or loather this yummy side dish is seriously tempting, with the addition of deliciously crispy Panchetta, Festive chestnut and dish of red wine vinegar, these might just convert the most adamant of spout haters!
1 kg Brussels Sprouts
150 g Diced Panchetta
100 g vac-packed whole Chestnuts
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
salt and pepper to season
- pop a large pan on salted water on to boil
- Trim the sprouts, removing any scruffy looking outer leaves.
- add the sprouts to the pan and cook for around 4 minutes, until just tender, then drain
- In a large frying pan on a medium heat, add the olive oil and panchetta. Fry until crispy.
- Halve the Brussels and add to the frying pan along with the red wine vinegar and chestnuts and cook for a further 8 minutes, until golden.
Comments are closed