Individual Beef Wellington
Beef Wellington is a quintessential dinner party dish that has stood the test of time because it’s truly delicious when done well! Our version is served in individual portions and packed full of delicious ingredients such as our aged to perfection, tender fillet steak and our own homemade chicken liver pate! This would make the perfect Christmas eve treat or New years indulgence!
A 7oz fillet per guest ask the butcher for nice flatter fillets rather than thick fillet steaks.
Honeywell’s Chicken Liver Pate about 2oz per steak.
2oz of fine chopped mushrooms per steak you can be as exotic as you like regarding mushroom variety.
Pack of Puff Pastry.
Egg Yolk to glaze.
Butter to Fry.
Salt and Pepper.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper and seal the steaks using hot butter in a frying pan till nicely coloured then put the steaks into the fridge to cool.
- Cook the mushrooms in the same pan and juices then set aside to cool.
- Mix the pate and mushroom together to form a mixture.
- Roll out the pastry quite thin and cut a circle of pastry large enough to wrap the steak, if you want to be creative you can form some pastry leaves to garnish.
- Put a cooled steak in the centre of the pastry and cover with a good table spoon of the pate/mushroom mixture.
- Seal the pastry by pinching the edges together under the parcel then garnish the top with the pastry leaves and finally glaze with egg yolk just before cooking.
- Bake on a flat tray 15 to 20 minutes in a pre heated oven at 220c or equivalent and they should be just pink in the middle, if you prefer well done.
Serve with roasted seasonal vegetables or baby vegetables along with a good red wine gravy or jus. To make the jus reduce some good beef stock add some full bodied red wine and reduce again to desired consistency .Season with salt and pepper, its important to season at the end when reducing, as if added to early in the process the salt intensifies as the sauce reduces .
Dinner is served.