Goats Cheese, Prosciutto and Rocket Canapes
These lovely little morsels will create a big impact at your next dinner party or family gathering! They take a little time to put together at first but once you get into your stride you’ll soon have a tray full of these little beauties ready to serve to your eager guests! These cold canapes can be made in advance, the morning before your party in the evening, just pop on a tray, cover with cling film and place in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them.
Ingredients (makes 16)
8 Slices Prosciutto ham (available from our deli, ready sliced and interleaved so it’s a cinch to separate the slices.)
200 g Soft Goats Cheese (left out of the fridge for at least 20 minutes to reach room temperature)
1 bag of Wild Rocket
8 Large (cut in half) or 16 Small Sun dried Tomatoes
All items are available from our farm shop.
- Lay out the prosciutto on a board, cut in half and remove any excess fat.
- Spread a generous amount of the goats cheese at one end of the ham, using your fingers to shape it into a slightly flat, round.
- Roll the ham around the cheese to create a tube shape for the Rocket and tomato to sit in.
- Place the tube on the board with the cheese at the bottom, give the join on the tube a little squeeze with your finger tips to hold it together and do the same with any little tears in the ham that might have appeared.
- Grab a pinch of the Rocket and place inside the tube, use enough so the rocket is just peeking out the top! Place your sun dried tomato on top, use a half if they’re large and a full one if they are on the smaller side and you’re ready to serve!