Chicken Taco Recipe
One thing we’ve noticed is that Taco’s are big business for 2017! Instagram is stuffed full of many a yummy looking shot of the Mexican street food! What’s not to love about them!? They are stuffed full of delicious flavours, easy to make and easy to eat, just layer up those ingredients and tuck in! They can be perfect for a midweek family meal or make just as perfect party food as you can prep in advance and allow your guests to build their own tacos!
This easy chicken taco recipe is a real winner in the Honeywell household! Jam packed with deliciously spicy, pulled chicken thigh, which is much cheaper than chicken breast and bursting with flavour! Topped with a zingy grilled pineapple and avocado salsa and a generous drizzle of cooling yoghurt with chopped mint! We love to use soft shell tacos but you can use the crispy ones if you prefer!
- 10 Honeywell boneless chicken thighs with lemon and chilli glaze, or red chilli glaze if you really want to spice things up.
- 1 avocado diced
- ½ a medium sized pineapple sliced into rings.
- 1 red chilli diced (remove the seeds if you don’t like it too hot)
- A few sprigs of fresh mint, chopped (reserving some for the yoghurt drizzle).
- Half a red onion, finely diced.
- Half a lime
- Salt and black pepper to season.
- 200ml plain yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180c. Add the chicken thighs to an oven proof dish and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile prep your salsa. Pre heat or grill. Add the pineapple sliced to the grill tray and pop under the grill, keep turning and checking on them until they have started to char slightly on both sides.
- Remove the pineapple, leave to cool slightly and then dice into small, bite sized chunks.
- Carefully remove the stone (keep the stone to one side) and flesh from the avocado (top tip: if your avocado is nice and ripe you should be able to loosen and peel the skin off just by sliding your finger under the skin on the avocado.) Dice the avocado into similar sized chunks as the pineapple.
- Finely chop the chilli, onion and mint and add to a bowl.
- Add the pineapple and avocado chunks, squeeze the lime juice over, season with salt and pepper and gently mix together, being careful not to mush up the avocado!
- Add the avocado stone to the bowl and pop in the fridge until it’s needed! The Avocado stone will stop the avocado from turning brown!
- Remove the chicken from the oven and allow to cool slightly, then using two forks pull the meat apart until its shredded, mixing a little of the excess glaze from the baking dish with the meat!
- Add the chopped mint to the yogurt in and bowl and season lightly.
You are now ready to assemble your delicious tacos! Set a table out with the taco shells and all the yummy components and allow everyone to build their own taco however they wish!
Comments are closed