Roast Duck is a quintessential Christmas classic and a fab alternative to Turkey! This recipe is a little different from your usual roast duck, We’ve used a boned whole duck and stuffed it with some wonderful, punchy ingredients that are just bursting with festive flavour!
1 Duck (Have your butcher bone the Duck, from the back, and leave in the drumsticks)
•500g Sausage Meat
•1 Burry Black Pudding (Diced Small)
•100g Cooked Ham (Diced Small)
•100g Cooked Tongue (Diced Small)
•Small Bunch of Spring Onions (Chopped Finely)
•Grated Nutmeg to taste
•½ tsp Garlic Puree
•Salt & Pepper
1. Place Sausage Meat, Black Pudding, Ham, Tongue, Spring Onion and Garlic Paste in a
bowl and mix thoroughly. *Season with the grated Nutmeg and Salt & Pepper.
2. Lay the Duck out on the countertop, skin side down, and place the Sausage Meat Mix along
the centre of the duck.
3. Bring the sides of the Duck up around the Sausage Meat to meet at the top and sew up with
kitchen string before tying off at one end.
4. Turn over and place in an oven dish and arrange the Duck bones and giblets.
5. Cover and place in a pre-heated oven (220oC, Gas Mark 7).
6. After 30 minutes turn the oven down to 180oC (Gas Mark 4) and continue cooking for
another 2 hours. Remove the lid or tin foil for the last 30 minutes and all the skin to crisp
and turn a lovely golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven, put a tin foil tent over and allow the meat to rest for 30 minutes